The Chinese New Year is a special occasion for families to celebrate their heritage. During this time, they honor their ancestors, exchange gifts, and decorate their homes with colorful Chinese-style decor. One of the celebration’s highlights is the special seafood menus that bring people together in a spirit of joy and togetherness, signifying good fortune and prosperity.
For the auspicious Chinese New Year festival, Savoey restaurant is offering an auspicious seafood menu.
Eating Fish – Richness
Eating fish is believed to bring richness and prosperity, leaving leftovers for future meals. Recommended dishes include:
- Deep-fried seabass with fish sauce and mango salsa
- Steamed seabass in soy sauce
- Steamed seabass with lime and chili sauce
Eating Crab – Prosperous
Eating crab is believed to bring prosperity, good fortune, and wealth in Chinese culture. It is considered a symbol of wealth and fortune. Recommended dishes include:
- STIR-FRIED MUD CRAB IN YELLOW CURRY SAUCE
- MUD CRAB BAKED WITH VERMICELLI IN EARTHEN CASSEROLE
- STIR-FRIED MUD CRAB WITH BLACK PEPPER SAUCE
Eating Shrimp – Luck & enhances one’s prestige.
The ancient Chinese believed that shrimp was an auspicious animal that brings good luck, prosperity, and happiness. Recommended dishes include:
- GRILLED RIVER PRAWN
- GRILLED GIANT RIVER PRAWNS
- BAKED SEA PRAWNS WITH BEAN VERMICELLI IN EARTHEN CASSEROLE
Eat shellfish – Wealthy.
Don’t overlook the power of shellfish if you’re striving for wealth. In Chinese culture, it’s a symbol of prosperity and abundance. Recommended dishes include:
- BRAISED OYSTER OMELET
- SURATTHANI FRESH OYSTER
- STIR-FRIED OYSTER WITH EGG